Applications have now closed for Phase 1 of FIS035 and FIS036. Thank you to everyone who submitted an Expression of Interest, we received many high quality applications! We have now contacted all applicants, and requests have been sent to shortlisted partners for a full proposal.
Keep an eye out on our website and social media channels for additional project updates, and new opportunities in the future.
Fisheries Innovation Scotland (FIS) invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) from applicants to address specific research requirements outlined below. The EoI period will close on Monday 14th December 2020. A request for a full proposal will be sent to shortlisted partners by the end of December 2020.
FIS connects the seafood supply chain around shared opportunities for innovation to add value to Scottish businesses and communities. We commission projects which will make the greatest positive change for Scotland’s seafood industry and the people driving it. These projects must have a clear pathway to impact, with stakeholder expertise and peer review built into every stage. Please read What Makes a FIS Project before contacting us.
Who can apply
FIS encourages applications from all types of organisation capable of generating new knowledge relevant to sustainable Scottish fisheries, and ensuring this knowledge can be used to generate change ‘on the water’. There is no restriction on the geographic location of applicants. FIS encourages and welcomes collaborative teams from different sectors. Applicants may express interest in one or both projects detailed here.
FIS creates a pre-competitive environment for collaboration. Applicants should ensure that their organisation and project partners can comply with the terms of the standard FIS contract, which is available here.
If applicants wish to discuss project requirements and ideas in more detail, they can do so confidentially by contacting Kara Brydson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of FIS projects:
- FIS Study Bursaryadmin2020-04-15T12:28:19+00:00
- Real-Time Reporting App to Avoid Unwanted Catchesadmin2020-08-27T06:15:37+00:00
- Fishing Strategies to Manage Benthic Footprintadmin2020-04-15T12:32:35+00:00
- FIS Travel Bursary 2019admin2020-04-15T12:54:08+00:00
- Evaluation of Effectiveness of FIS Researchadmin2020-04-15T13:22:22+00:00
- Scottish Fishing Conference 2018admin2020-04-15T12:55:11+00:00
- Ecosystems: Predator / Prey Interactionsadmin2020-04-15T12:55:41+00:00
- Workshop on Fisheries and Climate Changeadmin2020-04-20T11:35:27+00:00
- Novel Approaches to Trapping: Fishing and Surveyingadmin2020-04-15T12:57:05+00:00
- Smartrawl: In-Water Improvements in Selectivityadmin2020-06-19T11:33:40+00:00